Esmé is back in school you guys! She had such a hard time transitioning into the summer session, (you can read about it here), that I was quite nervous for her to start up again after nearly a month off.
I thought about posting how successful her start was after her first day, but then I was like let’s not jinx it. Give it a week and see how it goes, and well, it’s official. She is one week in and absolutely LOVES it. She runs in to play with her friends and teachers, isn’t the least bit sad, and doesn’t cling to me at all. In fact, today when I asked if I could get a hug before leaving she was like “No!” Then she ran off to play with her friends. Rude.
Before she started school again, I saw all these clever moms who had ‘First Day of School’ chalkboards with fun facts about their kiddos. I, however was too lazy to do my own. Instead I conducted an interview with some fun questions, and thought I would share it here with you.
- What’s your favorite color: Pink
- What’s your favorite breakfast: Wheetabix, Oats (oatmeal), and waffles. That’s all I like.
- What’s your favorite lunch: Peanut jelly and today I ate grilled cheese. ( Was that your favorite too?) Yeah. I ate it all, all, all.
- What’s your favorite dinner: Mac and cheese
- What’s your favorite snack: ALL THE SNACKS!!!!!
- What’s your favorite book: ALL THE BOOKS!!!
- What’s your favorite movie/show: Trolls and Little Einsteins
- What’s your favorite animal: Pigs!
- What’s your favorite toy: No toys.
- What’s your favorite activity: All the things.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Nothing!! Just a Papa.
- What are you really good at: Listening ( laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair. No joke.)
- What’s something you want to get better at: Listening. I really need to start listening…That’s all the questions ( At this point in time, I had to bribe her to get her to finish the list, and we carried on.)
- This year I want to learn: Listening at school (can you tell this is something we are really working on right now??)
- I’m excited about preschool because: Running in school!!!
I’m so proud of my girl for jumping right in, but I’m even more proud of myself for not crying once when I dropped her off. Yes, I was still sad, and felt like I had a weight on my chest, but it was way easier than this past spring and summer.
We’re off and running, and I can’t wait to see what this new year holds for her!